Hello, my name is Janice and I’ve owned The Lychgate Guest House since 2014.
Located in Caldicot, The Lychgate is ideally situated for Caldicot Castle, Castle Gate Business Park, David Broome Event Centre and Chepstow Racecourse to name a few.
A short drive away you can find Tintern Abbey, Symmonds Yat, Monmouth, Abergevenny Ross-on-Wye, Bristol and of course Cardiff.
The Lychgate has four en-suite rooms all with crisp white linen, USB points, coffee machines, TV, DVD players and free WiFi.
I’m proud to have been awarded in 2017 an SME award and also from Trip Advisor had a Certificate of Excellence every year since 2014.
I cater for walkers and cyclists with the Welsh Coastal Path and Offas Dyke so close.
Come and see for yourself. A warm welcome awaits!
4 B&B Rooms
Book Direct for our best rates and deals!
There is at the front of The Lychgate a large King room, called Tintern which can accommodate 2.
Then Caldicot room is the double downstairs, again at the back of the house with a pretty garden view.
Caerwent has gorgeous views of the church at the back of the house, this is the Twin room.
Chepstow room is a lovely double room at the side of the house.
- Your comfort is priority, so everything I can do to make your room the best it can be has been thought of.
- A welcoming bowl of fruit and sweets to the Lavender Pillow Spray and Espresso coffee machines you can be sure your stay will be a restful one.
- All rooms have flat screen TV with digital Freeview, DVD players with wide selection of DVDs, hairdryers and free Wi-Fi.
- Each room has a audible fire alarms, and The Lychgate is a non smoking Guest House.
- The car park is all on one level, be it on a slight slope, there is one step up into the main building. Reception has a wooden floor, the rest of the building is low pile carpet.
- There are 3 stairs up to a small landing then a corner to turn then 13 stairs up to the rooms. A handrail is on the stairs. Service dogs are welcome.
- Downstairs is the breakfast room and one bedroom, all the bedrooms have a small step up into ensuite showers.
What better way to start the day... than with a full Welsh breakfast?
My sausages, bacon and black pudding are sourced from a local butcher where all the pigs are reared in the lovely Wales countryside.
Yogurts are from Llaeth Y Llan village dairy in North Wales, butter from Shirgar, eggs from Cardiff and water from the Brecon Carreg Company.
Your choice could be Fresh porridge, fresh fruit and yoghurts to eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomatoes mushrooms and fried bread, or if you want a lighter start to the day try lovely softly scrambled eggs on toast.
A variety of teas are available or freshly brewed filter coffee, relax and enjoy in the breakfast room.
Tintern (Double) – from £59 per night
Chepstow (Double) – from £59 per night
Caldicot (Double) – from £59 per night
Caerwent (Twin) – from £59 per night
Caldicot Castle holds amazing events throughout the year, from the massive Cider Festival, to the regular re-enactments held at the weekends, it’s a lovely place to visit set in 55 acres of countryside, just bring a picnic and have a walk round.
The Welsh Coastal path begins in Chepstow 4 miles away, as does Offas Dyke Path, and the beautiful Wye Valley is a short drive away
If golf is your thing St Pierre Golf Course and the famous Celtic Manor are a short drive away, Celtic Manor has a lovely spa for the ladies, while the men are on the course.
The natural beauty of Forest of Dean and market towns of Usk, Chepstow, Abergavenny and Raglan set in the beauty of the Welsh mountains and valleys are close by as are Gwent Levels and Wetlands Nature Reserve, for any wildlife enthusiasts.